Thai Chicken Potato Curry
This chicken potato curry is great if your feeling something Thai. Try using waxy NZ potatoes like Nadine, Draga or Frisia for the best results!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cooking Time: 25-30 Minutes Serves: 4-6
500g medium waxy potatoes e.g. Nadine or Perlas (we love Wilcox)
1 tbsp oil
3 tbsp Thai green curry paste
400g tin coconut milk
500g chicken breast (We love Waitoa)
100g green beans
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cornflour
1 lime, juice and zest or 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely chopped
½ tsp chilli flakes
Large handful of fresh herbs – coriander/thai basil/basil
Chopped peanuts or cashews, optional to garnish (We love Alison’s Pantry)
- Chop potatoes into even bite-sized chunks, place in a medium saucepan of boiling water
and cook for 5 minutes, or till softened, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the onion for about a minute. Add the curry paste and saute for 2 minutes to release the aromas.
- Pour in the coconut milk and water and let it come to a simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the fish sauce and sugar, then add the chicken. Turn the heat down slightly, cover and simmer for about 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Next add the potatoes, green beans, lime zest and juice or kaffir lime and finally mix the
cornflour with 1 tbsp of the sauce from the dish, then stir. Simmer for a final 5-8 minutes til thickened slightly and heated through.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander or basil, chilli flakes and peanuts/cashews if using. Enjoy!