Turkish Baked Eggs
A delicious Turkish twist on eggs for breakfast!
Serves 3 Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 15 Minutes
- Avocado oil (we love Olivado)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 chorizo sausages, sliced (we love Hellers)
- 440g tin Watties tinned tomatoes, Moroccan flavour
- 6 eggs (we love Woodland Eggs)
- Fresh coriander (we love Superb Herbs)
- Chilli oil
- Toasted bread and greek yoghurt, to serve
- In a small pan (we love Le Creuset), cook the onion with avocado oil over a medium heat until softened. Add the chorizo, and cook for a further few minutes until golden.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, then use a spoon to create wells for the eggs to sit. Create one at a time until all the eggs are in the tomato mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 190 degrees celsius for 10-12 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- To serve, sprinkle with fresh coriander, drizzle with chilli oil and enjoy with freshly toasted bread.