For a decadent breakfast in bed this weekend, look no further! This wafflegato (a delicious affogato with waffles and all the trimmings) is quick and easy with cheat waffles. Be prepared to serve up seconds.
- waffle iron
- 2 free range eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- ½ cup De’Longhi espresso
- 4 slices Tip Top Supersoft White Toast
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- vanilla bean ice cream
- maple syrup
- coffee beans
- dark chocolate peels
- edible flowers to garnish
- Using your De’Longhi coffee machine, make one strong espresso shot. Set aside.
- Faux waffles: Preheat waffle iron. Brush butter on each side of the waffle iron.
- Whisk together milk, espresso coffee, vanilla, salt, egg and cinnamon to form a batter. Soak bread into batter. Toast each slice in waffle iron for 5 minutes, until golden and cooked. * Depending on your waffle maker you may need to grease it between faux waffles.
- Place waffles into serving plates. Top with vanilla ice cream.
- Decadently top wafflegato with optional toppings. Make another shot of espresso coffee and serve alongside.
For more inspiration, browse our collection of coffee recipes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!