This indulgent tarte tatin is surprisingly simple. Make it to impress guests or as a special treat.
- We used a Le Creuset Cast Iron Round Skillet to bake the Tarte Tatin.
- 4 pears cored and quartered
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 lemon juice only
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup clover honey
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- Serve with plain yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Melt the butter in a heavy based ovenproof frying pan. Add the lemon juice, honey, salt, cinnamon powder and red wine.
- Arrange the pears and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until most of the red wine has cooked off.
- Meanwhile, roll out the puff pastry on a floured board. Use a plate that’s just bigger than the frying pan as a template to cut around it with a knife. Lift the pastry and place it over the frying pan. Tuck the edges of the pastry around the fruit. Poke holes in the pastry with a fork, so steam can escape.
- Bake for 30–40 minutes, until the pastry is golden and firm.
- Carefully flip onto a plate and serve hot with some plain yoghurt.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!