Easy Chicken & Prawn Risotto Recipe
At Fresh, we love a good risotto, and so does the family. This chicken and prawn risotto recipe is like a Spanish Paella and is cooked from raw in your oven. The rice can be a little soft but it’s absolutely delicious and very easy to cook.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 50 minutes Serves: 4
- 250g/9oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g/10oz risotto rice
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 200g/7oz chorizo, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 litre/1¾ pints hot chicken stock
- pinch of saffron strands
- 8 large, raw prawns
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Place the cherry tomatoes in a roasting tin and sprinkle over the red onion, garlic and olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes until the tomatoes are softened.
- Stir in the rice, chicken, chorizo, rosemary, chicken stock, saffron and some salt and pepper, mixing well together. Return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the prawns and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through.