Tortilla Bacon & Egg Pie
The Kiwi favourite Bacon & Egg Pie with a twist! In this recipe, all the yummy fillings are piled on top of layers of tortillas.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes Serves: 4-6
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, cooked (we love Hellers)
- 2 cups baby spinach (we love The Fresh Grower)
- 1 box mini tomato (we love Beekist)
- 6 eggs
- a handful parsley, roughly chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1½ cup grated cheddar cheese (we love Mainland)
- 1 cup milk
- 4-5 wraps (we love Giannis)
- Butter to grease the pie dish and brush the pie, melted
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a cake tin or large pie dish with butter.
- Microwave the tortilla for 40-50 seconds to soften. Lay a tortilla on the bottom of the prepared pie dish. Brush the top with extra butter and pile another one on top but up the side to reach the top on the tin. Repeat and layer as many as necessary to completely cover the sides. Blind Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- While the tortilla pie case is in the oven, make the filling. Mix eggs, cheese, milk and parsley. Season to taste. Fry the bacon in a non-stick frying pan until cooked and golden.
- Arrange the bacon, spinach and tomato over the base. Pour over the egg & cheese mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until set and golden.