Easy Mini Pork Rib Potato Top Pies
These little pork pies are super simple to make and oh so moreish!
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Makes: 12 Pies
For the Pie Filling
- 2 packets Sweet and Sticky Pork Ribs (we love Hellers)
- A drizzle of Avocado Cooking Oil (we love Olivado)
- 1/2 packet carrots – finely diced (we love Wilcox)
- 1 stalk celery – finely diced
- 1 onion – finely diced
- A handful of rosemary & thyme – finely chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- ½ cup beer (we love Emersons)
- 2 cups beef stock (we love Campbells)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
For the potato top
- 1kg potatoes (we love Wilcox)
- A handful thyme & parsley (we love Superb Herb)
- 50g butter (we love Anchor)
- 1 cup milk (we love Anchor)
- Turn oven to 210C.
- Bake Ribs as per packet instructions. Once cooked and cooled, peel meat off the bones and put both meat and bones to the side.
- In a heavy based casserole dish over a medium heat, fry off the mirepoix ingredients in a drizzle of olive oil until translucent and a little golden – approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the herbs and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the beer to deglaze the pan and cook until reduced.
- Dissolve the corn flour in a little beef stock and add to the remaining beef stock. Add the liquid to the pot with the pork and pork juices and cook to reduce until you have a thick meat pie gravy – around 15 minutes. Cool.
- While the meat is cooking, boil the potatoes until tender. Drain and add butter, milk and herbs. Mash.
- Spoon the pie mixture into each mini pie ramekin until ¾ full. Top each with a heaped tablespoon of mash and place 1 rib right in the centre of each mini pie for effect.
- Bake for 40 minutes until potatoes are golden.
- Devour while hot.