Fresh Pineapple & Chocolate Cream Tart
A simple yet decadent fresh pineapple and chocolate cream tart inspired by the traditional Italian fruit tarts. This is our take on a Kiwi icon, the Pineapple lump. Picture a layer of rich chocolate cream spread on an almond pastry base and topped with sweet and tangy pineapple slices: a winning contrast!
Prep Time: 30 minutes +chilling time Cook Time: 35 minutes Makes: 1 large tart
120g FreshLife ground almonds
60g granulated sugar
120g plain flour
120g unsalted butter, cold cubed
Extra butter & flour for the tart tin
1 ½ cups fresh cream
300g plain dark chocolate, chopped
½ cup Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple, sliced
A few Superb Herb mint leaves to garnish
- In a Kenwood Chef Sense XL Mixer bowl, place ground almonds, sugar, flour and butter. Blend until well combined then add the egg and make it into a ball of dough. Lightly knead it a few times and wrap with cling film and chill until firm for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter the flan tin and dust with flour. Place the dough into the prepared tin. With the back of a spoon, press the dough into the tin to make an even layer. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Line the top of the pastry with baking paper and fill with baking beans (we used uncooked rice grains). Bake in the oven for 10 minutes then remove the baking beans and paper and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until the pastry is golden and shrinking away slightly from the side of the tin. Transfer the pastry to a serving dish and let cool.
- Pour the cream in a small saucepan. Add the chocolate. Heat over a low heat, stirring occasionally to melt the chocolate completely and smooth. Let cool slightly, then refrigerate until just cold stirring occasionally.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the chilled chocolate cream until fluffy and lighter in colour.
- With a palette knife, spread the chocolate cream over the cooled almond pastry in a smooth even layer. Arrange the Pineapple slices on top of the chocolate cream. Decorate with a few mint leaves.