Cooking Dad's favourite family dinner? Try our tender and flavour-packed lamb braised with hoppy pale ale with beer gravy. Lovely served with roast potatoes and vegetables.
- 2 kg Pure South Lamb Bone in Leg
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 handful Superb Herb oregano roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs Superb Herb rosemary 1 chopped
- 1 tbsp Olivado Avocado Oil with Rosemary
- Salt & black pepper
- 400 g shallots or pickling onions
- 300 ml Emersons Big Rig APA + 2 tbsp for gravy
- 2 tbsp flour
- Beer Match : Emersons Big Rig APA
- Take the lamb out of the refrigerator and let it come to the room temperature. Heat oven to 200C.
- Blend well the garlic, oregano, rosemary and oil with some salt and pepper in a mortar & pestle.
- Prick the lamb with a fork (or sharp knife) all over and rub the mixture into the meat. Place the lamb into a deep casserole dish with the shallots and a rosemary sprig. Pour the beer in the bottom of the pan, cover with a lid and place in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes for pink and 1 ½ hours for welldone.
- Remove the lamb and shallots from the pan and keep warm.
- To make the beer gravy, skim all of the fat from the pan and discard along with the rosemary sprig. Transfer the remains to a saucepan. Mix flour with a little beer in a small bowl. Heat the cooking liquid adding the flour mixture a little at a time until the gravy has become good consistency and simmering. Season to taste. Pass it through a sieve and transfer to a gravy boat.
- Serve the lamb with potatoes, seasonal roast vegetables and the gravy. And of course, the beer! Cheers!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!