Sweet Pumpkin Fritters
This is a wonderful recipe if you’re a fritter family! Think the healthiness of pumpkin, but as a sweet treat with cinnamon, sugar and lemon juice. Perfect weekend brunch recipe
1 cup cooked pumpkin (will be mashed after draining)
1 cup flour
Pinch of salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
Oil for frying
Cinnamon sugar for dusting or golden syrup
- Cook and drain the pumpkin.
- Beat the eggs and then add to the pumpkin. Mix very well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients excluding he cinnamon sugar and oil. Mix well into the batter.
- Heat a heavy pan, using medium to high heat to start with. Add a little oil.
- Scoop up heaped tablespoons of batter, and drop into pan, but not too close together.
- Fry until bubbles form on the top surface. They should now be firm and golden on the underside.
- Flip over and fry on other side.
- The fritters will puff up slightly while cooking. To test, press lightly on the fritters. When done, they will tend to spring back.
- Remove from pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve warm with plenty of crunchy cinnamon-flavoured sugar or drizzle with golden or maple syrup.