Beef brisket tacos with grilled avocados are our new favourite yum. Seriously! Invite your mates over for this Mexican feast.
For the Beef
For the Grilled Avocados
- ¼ cup Superb Herb Coriander leaves and stems chopped
- 2 radishes sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup jalapenos sliced
- ¼ red cabbage shredded
- 3 limes halved
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- Corn tortillas heated
- For the Beef: Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Rub the spice mix all over the brisket until well coated.
- Heat oil in a casserole dish on medium to high heat then place the brisket fat-side down and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 mins. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook the red onion in the dish on medium heat until softened, about 5 mins. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute, stirring often so it doesn’t catch. Add the passata, beef stock, cider vinegar and honey to the dish, stir well, then remove from the heat.
- Place the brisket back in the dish, fat side up, then cover and bake for 3 hours, or until meat is very tender, basting every 30 minutes.
- Carefully place the cooked brisket on a chopping board and thinly slice against the grain. In a bowl mix brisket with ½ cup of sauce from the casserole.
- For the Grilled Avocados: halve and destone the avocados. Season with salt and lightly toss with oil and lime juice.
- Heat a skillet pan until very hot then carefully place the avocado halves on. Grill for 2 minutes on each side until charred.
- To Serve: serve the brisket on the tortillas with extra brisket sauce goodness. Top with radishes, cabbage, onion and a slice of grilled avocado. Garnish with fresh coriander and jalapenos. Squeeze over a little lime juice and dig in. ¡Qué rico! (Yum!)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!