This meal has the best of everything; meaty pork chops, a rich & creamy mustard sauce and a tangy braised cabbage dotted with apple. Perfection!
- Kitchen Beef Marrow Cooking Blend
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 2 apples cored and cut into thin slices
- 1 small Red cabbage thinly sliced
- 10 tsp Delmaine red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp Kikkoman Gluten-Free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- ½ brown onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ cup White wine
- 300 ml single cream
- In a large, heavy based saucepan, melt 1 Tbsp of the Beef Marrow Cooking Blend over a medium heat. Add the onion and apple, and soften for a few minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the cabbage and stir through the onion mixture, then stir in the vinegar, 1 Tbsp soy, sugar. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes or until the cabbage has cooked down.
- To cook the pork chops, bring a frying pan to a medium high heat and melt 1 Tbsp of beef marrow blend. Season the pork, then pan fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, then place on a tray to cook through in a 180 degree oven until just cooked through. Set aside and cover with foil to keep warm.
- To the same pan, add the white onion and soften. Stir through the mustard, then pour in the white wine and cook until reduced by half. Add the cream, and cook down for 5-6 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened. Season with 1 tsp soy sauce and 1 tsp red wine vinegar, adding black pepper if desired.
- Serve the pork chops alongside the braised cabbage, with the mustard sauce poured over the chops.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!