Best Beef & Spinach Pasta Bake
The whole family will enjoy this tasty bake, and it’s economical too.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Serves: 5
400 g pasta bows
2 tbsp olive oil (we love Olivado)
1 onion, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
600g beef mince
2 cans chopped tomatoes (we love Chantal Organics)
2 tbsp tomato paste (we love Chantal Organics)
350g spinach, coarsely chopped (we love The Fresh Grower)
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped (we love Super Herb)
1 cup cheddar or mozzarella, grated (we love Mainland)
Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain well.
- At the same time, heat a saucepan, add oil, onion and garlic, cooking over a medium heat for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the beef mince and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, then simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced and sauce thick.
- Stir in spinach and parsley. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Combine pasta and beef sauce and pour into a large baking dish. Scatter with cheese and bake for 25 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown.