Even non-vegetarians are gonna love these BBQ Mushroom & Tofu Burgers. They are juicy, crunchy, saucy and packed with flavour.
For the BBQ
For the Crunchy Carrots
For the Yoghurt Sauce
- Crank up the BBQ to high.
- For the Carrots: In a wok or deep frying pan, heat the avocado oil to high. Fry the carrots until crispy and golden, drain on kitchen towel and sprinkle with salt.
- For the Yoghurt Sauce: In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients until well combined. Season to taste.
- For the BBQ: Coat the tofu in the onion powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Drizzle the BBQ hot plate with oil and fry the tofu on both sides until golden and delicious. At the same time while tofu is frying, brush the mushrooms with oil and place them bottom side down on the grill side of the BBQ. Once they start to brown flip them over, sprinkle some garlic and drizzle some oil onto the mushrooms. Fry until juicy and cooked through. When you have 1 minute left on the tofu and mushrooms, toast the insides of the buns until golden.
- To assemble the burgers, spread the yoghurt sauce on the bottom, followed by lettuce, tofu, mushroom, red onion and crunchy carrots.
- Devour while hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!