Fragrant spices are absorbed into the rice to give you a full sensory experience. Topped with boiled eggs, Greek yoghurt and fresh coriander—This vegetarian kedgeree is a winning savoury brekkie alternative.
- A drizzle of coconut milk
- A handful Superb Herb coriander
- Pop the eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and when the water starts bubbling, start the timer for 5 minutes then take them out and run under cold water. This will give you perfectly semi hard-boiled eggs.
- In a heavy based casserole dish over a medium heat, fry off the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli in coconut oil until golden and translucent. Add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and curry powder and cook out for at least 2 minutes until spices become very fragrant. Add the stock, rice, coconut milk and cook until rice absorbs the liquid — around 2 minutes.
- Once the rice has absorbed the saucy spicy goodness mix through fresh coriander and top with the eggs, a drizzle of coconut milk and some extra slices of chilli.
- Devour while hot!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!