Blueberries are an antioxidant delight and make for the perfect smoothie. Add yoghurt, more berries, chia seeds, bananas and whatever else you have on hand. In fact, add a dollop of the award-winning blueberry wholegrain yoghurt from Symbio for tummy health and balance and you’ll be on fire all day!
To make the best berry smoothie, you need:
1/2 cup organic milk (or rice or almond milk for dairy free)
1 handful ice cubes
200g Symbio Pro Balance Blueberry Wholegrain Yoghurt
1 banana, chopped
1 cup berries, frozen or fresh – or replace with your favourite seasonal fruit
1/4 cup white chia seeds
1 tablespoon NZ manuka honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
How to make the best berry smoothie:
1. Process the milk, ice cubes and yoghurt then the banana, extra 1 cup of chosen fruit, seeds, honey and cinnamon in a blender until smooth and creamy.
2. Pour into two chilled glassed and serve ice cold.
Trudi’s Tips: – For brunch wow factor, serve with a sprig of fresh mint and a stick of skin-friendly cucumber.
– A handful of fresh spinach whizzed in will go down a treat.
– Fresh blueberries sprinkled on top always nice for extra grunt.
– Substitute honey with maple syrup or raw sugar if you like a sweeter smoothie.
– Add extras such as cacao chips, grated lime rind, vanilla essence, cocoa powder, almond meal or other seeds for extra goodness. A halved kiwifruit with skin still on or feijoas whole are a great fibre addition too.
– Serving your smoothie in a mason jar is always fun.