These gluten free almond hotcakes with maple ricotta are the perfect weekend brunch option. The ground almonds makes the hotcakes healthier, full of protein and deliciously nutty, so you can happily go back for seconds! Use any seasonal fruit as a topping (we love strawberries!), with a lavish amount of maple syrup and ricotta.
For the hotcakes
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- For the hotcakes: Mix the ground almonds, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the eggs, milk and 2 tsp of maple syrup together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until combined. Let sit for 2 mins.
- Heat ½ tsp of butter in a nonstick frying pan. Pour cup of hotcake batter in and cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles form on the top, then carefully flip over and cook the other side. Repeat this step with all the batter, adding butter as needed.
- Pop in the oven for 7 minutes before serving.
- For the toppings: In a bowl whip the ricotta with maple syrup and vanilla extract until well combined.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!