This apple muffin recipe proves that gluten-free can be creative and delicious! Best yet, the muffins are healthy and everyone will enjoy them.
- 2 cups gluten free plain flour
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup apple juice
- 2 granny smith apples peeled and grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line muffin pan with muffin paper cases.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in the almond meal and sugar. In a separate bowl or jug, measure out the apple juice and oil, then whisk in the eggs. Add to the dry ingredients with grated apple and mix until just combined.
- Spoon into the paper cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle of the muffins out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Feel free to ice the muffins creatively or sprinkle cinnamon, sugar or icing sugar on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!