The whole family will adore this new potato salad! Lavished with peas, mint, crisp bacon and a creamy dressing, there's no better summer side dish!
- 700 g small new season NZ potatoes
- 300 g frozen peas or baby peas
- 2 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves chopped
- ⅓ cup aioli or mayo
- ⅓ cup natural yoghurt
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the new potatoes along with a few sprigs of mint to the water and boil for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Add the peas for the final minute of cooking. Drain then set aside.
- Meanwhile fry the bacon in a saucepan on high heat, until golden brown and crisp. Remove from the heat and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the aioli/mayo, yoghurt, lemon juice and zest, chopped mint leaves, salt and pepper until combined. Taste and check for seasoning.
- In a large bowl carefully mix the creamy dressing into the potatoes and peas. Garnish with crispy bacon pieces and extra mint leaves. Can be served hot or cold. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!