This one egg chocolate cake recipe is a sure fire winner. This choc cake will never let you down. Be it round, square, ring or loaf cake you need, this one egg cake recipe is your number one choice!
- 50 g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 free range egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 180 ml full fat milk
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- 2 tbsp Water
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 °C.
- Grease a 20cm round cake tin and line base with baking paper.
- Melt butter and syrup in a small saucepan.
- Pour melted ingredients into a small bowl.
- Add egg and sugar, beat well.
- Sift cocoa, flour and baking powder together.
- Fold sifted ingredients and essence into egg mixture.
- Dissolve baking soda in the milk and fold into the egg mixture.
- Pour your cake mix into prepared cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave cake in the tin for five minutes before turning out onto wire rack
- Dust with icing sugar or ice with the chocolate icing for a true choc-fix!
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa in a bowl, add butter, add sufficient water to mix to a spreadable consistency, flavour with essence.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!