Tasty free-range chicken nibbles smothered in freshly homemade peri peri sauce. You can bake in the oven, grill or cook on the barbeque. It's a quick and easy weeknight meal or party appetiser that everyone loves.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chilli flakes or to taste
- 4 cloves garlic crushed or grated
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 8 pieces chicken nibbles
- 4 small corn on the cobs
- spring onions sliced
- lime wedges
- Preheat your oven to 220C / 200C / gas mark 7 / 425F. (Save this step till later if you plan to marinate your chicken first)
- Mix together all of the Peri Peri Chicken ingredients (apart from the corn on the cobs and the actual chicken!) in a large bowl. Score the skin of the chicken with the point of a sharp knife and place the chicken in the bowl of marinade, turning to coat each piece of chicken with marinade.
- Marinate the chicken for 1 hour in the fridge or up to 24 hours if you have the time. Alternatively just continue with the recipe.
- Place all the chicken pieces on a roasting tray and place the tray in your preheated oven.
- Roast the chicken for 30 minutes, remove the tray from the oven, add the corn on the cobs turning them in the juices, then return the tray to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken pieces and corn on the cobs. Drizzle over any juices from the chicken pan and then scatter over the spring onions and lime wedges.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!