New Zealand Roast Day, so here's Outrageous Fortune star and actor Shane Cortese sharing his Outrageously Beautiful Pork Loin Roast recipe with you.
- 2 big pork loin chops
- 1 large kumara
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 parsnip
- 1 red onion
- 1 beetroot
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pear
- 1 Tbsp honey soy marinade
- Olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut up kumara, red pepper, green pepper, parsnip, red onion, and beetroot into bite size pieces and put them into the plastic shopping bag you bought them in. Then toss in the balsamic vinegar and shake them all up. Throw them into a roasting dish.
- Place the two pork chops in the roasting dish and cover with good quality virgin oil.
- Chop the pear into four quarters and put two of the quarters on top of the chops (eat the other two as a snack). This softens nicely and you can spread it with a knife later and it’s an alternative to the usual apple sauce.
- Take about half a metre of tin foil and fold it in half. Then roll the four edges towards the middle by about an inch. Place the baby carrots in the middle of the foil with the cinnamon stick and the soy marinade. Then fold the tin foil so it makes a neat little parcel.
- Put everything in the oven for one hour. Simple aye?
- When you serve, open the carrots on the table because the steam is a very cool talking point.
- Beautiful, so easy it’s outrageous!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!