Chilli prawns and bao buns are a match made in heaven! Light, tasty and quick to put together, they make the perfect barbecue party dish or an easy dinner option.
- Place frozen prawns in a large bowl and cover with cold water and salt. Leave for 30 minutes or until defrosted.
- While the prawns are defrosting, dress your slaw with the mayonnaise, lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss until well mixed.
- Steam your bao buns according to packet instructions and keep covered until assembly.
- When the prawns are ready, drain, rinse and pat them dry with a paper towel. Transfer them to a bowl and coat them in chilli garlic sauce.
- Preheat your pan and fry the prawns for 1-2 minutes until they turn pink. Set aside.
- To assemble, place a small handful of salad in a bao bun, add your prawns and top with chilli and coriander leaves.
- Dress with a fresh squeeze of lime before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
If you prefer some crunch, try this version instead.