This sweet stem broccoli soup with smoked macadamia nut crumb and cheesy bread is not only full of greens, but its mighty delicious. The crumb and cheese toast take this classic to next levels.
- 2 bags sweet stem broccoli
- ½ onion chopped into quarters
- 1 celery stalk chopped into thirds
- 2 tsp Olivado extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large potato peeled and cubed
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 ½ cup trim milk
- ½ cup tasty cheese
For the smoked macadamia crumb
- 1 cup natural macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp manuka and wildflower honey
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 slices Pumpkin seed & chia toast we love Burgen
- 1 cup tasty cheese Cheese
- Heat the oven to 190 C and line a flat baking tray.
- Lay the sweet stem broccoli, onion and celery out on the baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, a few dollops of butter and sprinkle with lashings of salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes until tender and golden.
- Bring chicken stock and milk to boil in a heavy based saucepan. Add the potato and cook until tender.
- Add the roasted sweet stem broccoli, onion, celery and cheese to the pot. Blitz with a hand blender until smooth.
- In a fry pan over a high heat, toast the macadamia nuts and smoked paprika until fragrant and golden. Add the salt and honey and fry until caramelised. Pour out onto baking paper and let cool.
- Line a flat baking tray and place the slices of bread side by side. Sprinkle with cheese and pop in the oven on high to grill for 5 minutes until golden and crispy!
- Serve the soup with a sprinkling of macadamia crumb and a side of cheesy hot bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!