Winter warmers don’t get much better than Pea and Ham Soup, and we’ve amped up this classic with an incredibly moreish bacon crumb!
- We used our Le Creuset 24cm casserole dish to cook the soup, and our Non-Stick frying pan with the crumb.
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup mix, potatoes, stock and water. Cook as per packet time.
- 10 minutes before the cooking time is due to finish, add the peas and mint. Once cooked, blend until smooth in a processor or with a stick blender.
- To make the crumb, melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the bacon, and fry off for 3-5 minutes or until the bacon starts to turn golden. Tear the pizza base into the pan with seasoning and toast for a further few minutes until golden. Let cool. Once cooled add a pinch of chilli flakes and blitz in a blender to create finer texture.
- Serve the hot soup in bowls, topped with the bacon crumb.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!