Our fresh Xmas take on the classic prawn cocktail. These little gem lettuce cups filled with a delicious, mayo, avocado, herby prawn cocktail. A simple but sure to impress the whole family!
For the cocktail sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics tomato sauce
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Separate the leaves of the little gem lettuce and wipe clean. Arrange on serving platter.
- Cook small prawns in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until completely pink and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all the cocktail sauce ingredients together, season.
- Combine the cooked prawns, cocktail sauce and herbs in a bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Over a high heat in a fry pan, drizzle some avocado oil and fry off the large tiger prawns with a pinch of chilli flakes until pink and caramelised - around 3-5 minutes.
- Top each lettuce cup with a spoonful of prawn cocktail mixture, sliced avocado, a chilli tiger prawn and a sprinkle of extra herbs. Serve with lemon wedges and devour!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!