An easy to cook, budget friendly beef mince recipe that can be served as is or used as a base for various family favourites.
- slow cooker
- 1 packet King Soup Mix Hearty Vegetable low salt
- 500 g beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- 100 g mushrooms sliced
- 1 tin 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 ½ cups hot water
- black pepper
- Heat oil in a large fry pan. Brown beef mince, add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms and cook for another minute. Transfer to the slow-cooker.
- Add the soup mix, chopped tomatoes and hot water. Stir well. Cook on high for 1 hour, then turn to low for 2-3 hours. Check a few times and add a little hot water if the mixture is too dry. Season to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!