Colourful avocado and salmon poke bowl salad recipe with refreshing vermicelli, ideal for lunch or dinner. It can be served as appetiser, or add more seasonal vegetables to make it more substantial. A simple Japanese style wasabi dressing works great.
- 1 NZ avocado sliced
- 200 g fresh salmon filet skinned, boned and sliced
- 50 g vermicelli
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 8 sheets seaweed snack cut into strips
- sesame seeds
Optional added colours:
- edamame cooked
- radish sliced
- red onion sliced
- cucumber or seasonal vegetables sliced
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, wasabi and sesame oil to make a dressing.
- Pour over ½ of the dressing over salmon. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare vermicelli according to the packet instructions.
- Arrange vermicelli, avocado and salmon in two individual serving bowls, topped with spring onion, seaweed and sesame seeds. Add more seasonal vegetables if you like.(optional)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Feel free to swap ingredients and make it more kid-friendly.