Summer produce are now out! 5+ A Day shares its great vegetable recipe. These colourful Avocado boats are packed full of essential vitamins and minerals alongside the good protein. Perfect served for breakfast on an active day!
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Place avocados in a baking dish, then crack eggs into a bowl. Using a spoon, transfer yolks to each avocado half, then spoon in as much egg white as you can fit without spilling over.
- Place bacon in the same baking dish next to the avocados.
- Season avocados with salt and pepper and bake until whites are set, and yolks are no longer runny, about 20-25 minutes.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and sprinkle over avocados with the tomato, parsley, chives and lime juice.
- Serve with a spoon.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!