Our BBQ Japanese skewers are inspired by Japanese yakitori (yakitori literally means grilled chicken). We just love the strong marinade flavours. Cook these on the barbie before the big game to seriously impress your guests!
- Large resealable bags
- Metal skewers
- 300 g lamb rump in thin strips
- 300 g beef rib eye
- 4 Waitoa free range chicken thigh fillets in thin strips
- 10 raw whole black tiger prawns shell removed
- sesame oil for frying
- ¾ cup Gluten free soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey melted
- ¼ cup sake
- 2 tsp ginger finely grated
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- salt & pepper
- A handful of Superb Herb Garlic Chives roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds lightly toasted
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- Mix all ingredients of the marinade together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve half the marinade for grilling, then spoon the other half into 3 large resealable bags.
- Pop prawns, chicken and lamb each into the bags, move around in the marinade, then seal and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat BBQ to 200°C.
- Thread the prawns, chicken and lamb onto skewers.
- Grill the skewers on the BBQ for 5-10 minutes, basting with the remaining marinade, and turning halfway. The prawns may cook quicker. When cooked to your liking, remove from grill , garnish with garlic chives, toasted sesame seeds and spring onions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!