Want to get that warm weather feeling on? Well sit back, chillax and enjoy a classic, kiwi BBQ. This BBQ lamb recipe results in perfectly cooked lamb every time.
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano we love parsley too
- 4 tbsp rice bran oil
- ½ tsp finely ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 lamb rumps or whole rack of lamb
- Finely chop the rosemary and oregano. Mix together with the oil, black pepper and salt.
- Place the well-trimmed lamb rumps (or rack) in a shallow container and pour over the marinade. Rub well into the meat with your hands. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat the barbecue to medium-hot. Sear the lamb rumps on all sides, then allow to cook for about 15 minutes turning occasionally. This will achieve a medium-rare lamb, but much will depend on the heat of the barbecue and the thickness of the lamb rumps. Make sure that it is not over-cooked. Allow lamb to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
This lamb recipe is a summery roast on the barbecue which has become my family's favourite roast meal!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!