- 1 Otaika Valley free range egg
- 1 tsp water
- 2 sheets pre-rolled puff pastry thawed if frozen
- ½ cup FreshLife Sliced Almonds
- Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Line a large tray with baking paper.
FreshLife frangipane filling.
- In a large bowl, beat together the soft butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla & almond extract, whisk till smooth. Mix through the almond flour. Set aside.
To make the croissants:
- Place the cold thawed puff pastry on the clean flat surface. Use a knife or pizza cutter cut the dough into 3 equal size rectangles. Then slice each of the rectangles through the middle diagonally to create 6 triangles.
- Cut a small slit at the bottom in the middle of the wide end of the triangle.
- Spread 2 tsp of FreshLife almond frangipane onto each of the triangles. Add 1 tbsp of milk to the remaining frangipane mixture and set aside.
- To roll up the croissants, start at the wider end of the triangle. Pull apart the two edges slightly and roll up to form the croissant shape.
- Repeat till all the triangles have been filled and rolled up.
- Place all the croissants onto a baking tray and brush with egg wash.
- Bake the croissants in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Spread the remaining frangipane mixture on top of the half-baked croissants & sprinkled over the Fresh Life sliced almonds.
- Place back into the oven & bake for 5 -7 minutes till golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly & dust with icing sugar.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!