Tiramisu is the perfect pick-me-up dessert to serve at Christmas after a decadent lunch. We love the combination of espresso with fresh summer berries. Prepare the tiramisu in glasses or jars on Christmas eve to let the flavours mull and give yourself more time with family and friends on the big day.
- KitchenAid Cordless 7-Speed Hand Mixer
- KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer
- 3 Woodland Free Range Eggs
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Instant coffee dissolved in 1 tsp of hot water
- ¼ cup Anchor Thickened Cream
- ½ cup Mascarpone
- ½ tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup Strong brewed coffee cooled
- ½ cup Kahlua optional
- ½ cup Fresh Life Pistachio Nuts roughly chopped
- 100 g Chocolate in peels
- 1½ cups Fresh berries
- 12 Sponge fingers
- In two bowls divide eggs into 3 yolks and 2 egg whites. Set aside.
- Add egg yolks and sugar to your KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer and beat until light and pale. Add vanilla bean paste, thickened cream and mascarpone to the stand mixer and beat until smooth.
- Add egg whites to a large bowl. Using your hand mixer beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. Fold into the kitchenaid bowl. Set aside.
- Mix coffee with kahlua (if using). Break sponge fingers into smaller pieces to fit your glasses.
- To assemble: Layer sponge fingers into the jars. Pour the kahlua coffee over then layer with cream mix, fresh berries, chocolate peels and pistachio nuts. Pop in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!