Fast & Easy Corn & Honey Pancakes
What looks good, tastes good AND makes you feel good? These delightful and delicious pancakes of course! You’ve never tried corn and honey together before? Well it’s a must taste..
170 g plain flour (or even better wholemeal or wheat flour)
15 g baking powder
35 g sugar
200 g sweet corn, cooked (or can of kernels)
250 ml bluetop milk
30 g butter
Runny honey to serve
- Make a puree with half of the corn, strain and set aside.
- Mix together the flour with sugar and eggs.
- Add milk, the corn puree and the remaining corn. Mix well.
- Cook in batches on a greased hot plate or in a large pan. Cook until brown on one side and around edge; turn and brown the other side.
- Serve drizzled with your favourite honey or for a more savoury option, enjoy these pancakes (or corncakes as they say in America) like corn fritters with crispy bacon, a poached egg and some chunky chutney.