These crunchy fried giant prawns are the perfect party appetizer. They’ll be gobbled up in seconds.
For The Prawns
- For the prawns: In a bowl stir together flour, salt and paprika. Whisk eggs in one bowl and pour panko crumbs into another.
- Heat avocado oil in a wok (or deep pan) until hot (190C).
- Dip prawns into flour mix, then whisked egg, then finally into panko crumbs to coat. Fry a few in the oil at a time, until golden brown, about 2-3 mins. Remove with a metal slotted spoon and place on a paper towel. Repeat with remaining prawns.
- For the avocado aioli: scoop avocado pulp, discarding the seed and skin. Add all aioli ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste. Spoon into a dipping bowl.
- Serve hot crunchy fried prawns with avocado aioli. Yum!
Fresh tip: To test the oil, dip a little flour in the egg then crumbs and drop it in the oil. The oil should sizzle and the ball float on the surface straight away.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!