Chips N' dip are the must when it comes to Dad’s beer time! You can casually whip up these dangerously morish pasta chips from a few pantry staples. Even better served with freshly made avo aioli.
- We used a Philips Airfryer XXL Smart to make the pasta chips.
- 2 NZ avocados flesh scooped
- ⅓ cup aioli
- 1 small red chilli de-seeded and chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add salt then pasta, boil for 4 minutes. Drain well. Do not rinse. Leave for a few minutes to let some of the excess moisture evaporate.
- Tip the cooked pasta into a large bowl. Drizzle oil and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle mixed herbs and parmesan. Toss well again.
- Work in batches, air-fry the pasta at 200°C for 7 minutes. The first batch will take longer. Check if the pasta chips are crispy and edges golden after 7 minutes. If not, cook for a further 2–4 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Avocado aioli: roughly mash avo, aioli and chilli in a bowl until just mixed. Season to taste.
- Enjoy the pasta chips with the aioli, and a cold beer!
Tip: If you don’t have an air-fryer, bake the pasta in an oven 200°C for 20–25 minutes, tossing a few times to ensure even cooking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!