These grilled venison fajitas will surely become a favourite meal. They’re packed with fresh flavours, colourful veggies and naturally lean and tender venison.
- 440 g New Zealand farm raised venison steaks
- Oil for frying
- 1 red capscium sliced
- 1 yellow capscium sliced
- 1 green capscium sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 orange juiced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- ½ cup Superb Herb coriander roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 red chilli optional
- Add all marinade ingredients to a blender and blitz until well combined. Pour into a bowl with the venison medallions and leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
- When ready to cook, preheat the barbecue to medium-high. Remove the venison medallions from marinade, drizzle the grill plate with oil, then fry for 4-6 minutes for medium rare. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing into chunky strips
- Fry the capsciums and onion slices for 10-15 minutes, until charred and caramelised. Heat tortillas on the grill.
- Scoop and roughly mash the avocados in a small bowl. Squeeze over the juice of 1 lime and season with salt.
- To serve, load warmed tortillas with barbecued vegetables, mashed avocado, fresh herbs, chillies (if using) and chunky venison strips. Squeeze over lime juice and enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!