A classic winter warmer! An easy, wholesome meal for those chilly nights.
- 1 loaf of bread
- Place the bacon bone in a large saucepan and cover with at least 2 litres of the water. Simmer covered for 1½ hours.
- Remove the bone and meat and set aside to cool. Add the remaining water to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the soup mix and simmer for 40 minutes, then add the sliced and grated vegetables. Simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove any meat from the bone and dice. Return to the soup and heat through.
- Check for seasoning, then ladle into bowls and top with a small teaspoon of pesto and sprinkle with parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!