Rack of lamb and pasta salad - what could be more New Zealand than that? Herb crusted rack of lamb with a side of pesto and roast balsamic tomato pasta salad is a great combination sure to impress your guests!
For the Lamb
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions - drain and rinse under cool water. Set aside.
- Stir together bread crumbs, parsley, mint, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a bowl, then drizzle with oil and toss until combined well.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then brown lamb 1 rack at a time, turning once, about 4 minutes per rack. Transfer to a roasting pan, arranging fatty sides up.
- Spread fatty sides of each rack with 2 teaspoons mustard. Divide bread crumb mixture into 3 portions and pat each portion over mustard coating on each rack, gently pressing to stick.
- Roast the lamb for roughly 20 minutes or until thermometer inserted diagonally 2 inches into center (do not touch bone) registers 55°C (for medium-rare), and transfer to a cutting board. Rest for at least 10 minutes then cut into chops.
- Place the tomatoes on a deep baking tray and drizzle with balsamic, olive oil and honey. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft.
- In a large bowl, mix the pasta, the tomatoes and the baby spinach. Stir through the pesto and toss well.
- Cut the lamb into chops and serve with the salad.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!