This lamb rack recipe uses beautiful fresh herbs and is just perfect for a BBQ. The lamb rack can also be pan-fried or oven-baked in the cooler months. This rack of lamb, infused with rosemary and garlic is delicious served with scalloped or creamy mashed potatoes with the lamb jus.
- 1 rack of lamb or 12 trim cutlets
- 4 Tbsp rice bran oil
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- Sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Heat oven to 200°C
- Combine rice bran oil, garlic, fresh rosemary and seasonings and rub into the lamb cutlets.
- Chill for one hour.
- Cook rack of lamb in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes (if using individual lamb cutlets, cook on a hot BBQ plate or frying pan for 2 minutes each side, or cook in oven pre-heated to 200°C for 5-10 minutes).
- Rest the lamb, covered with foil or lid, for 15 minutes before serving. Add more fresh herbs and serve with your favourite creamy mash for extra flavour.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!