Winter is crockpot time and this slow cooked lamb crockpot recipe is perfect to make a big, family meal with a cheaper cut of meat. This is a classic french stew recipe but deliciously perfect for the budget. Just put all the ingredients in the crockpot or slow cooker and walk away. Yum!
- 900 g lamb chops
- olive oil
- 1 bunch baby carrots or 2 large carrots
- 1 large onion sliced
- 10 baby potatoes halved
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp dried herbs of your choice
- salt & pepper
- fresh herbs, such as rosemary and parsley to garnish
- steamed green vegetables and crusty bread to serve
- Season lamb chops with salt and pepper and give a quick brown on both sides in a frypan.
- Add the meat to your slow cooker.
- Put carrots, onion and baby potatoes into the same fry pan and cook for 5 minutes until just turned golden brown.
- Stir in flour and beef stock, then add to the slow cooker. Stir in sugar, tomato paste and dried herbs.
- Give it a good stir and cook on low for 7–10 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper, garnish with fresh rosemary and/or chopped parsley as desired before serving on its own with the gravy juices or with steamed green vegetables.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!