Nut milk or 'mylk' is super easy to make. We used almonds in this recipe but you can substitute them for the nuts of your choice.
- 1 cup FreshLife natural almonds or natural cashews
- 4 cups filtered water + extra for soaking
- 1 tsp maple syrup apple syrup works well too
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- small pinch of salt
- Place the nuts in a large bowl. Add enough water to completely immerse the nuts. Cover with a cloth and leave out a room temperature overnight.
- Drain the nuts with a sieve. Discarding the water you used to soak them and rinse under cold water.
- Add the nuts, vanilla, maple syrup, salt and the 4 cups of fresh filtered water to the blender. Pulse a few times to break up the nuts. Blend on high for 3 minutes or until the milk looks creamy.
- Pour the milk through a nut milk bag or double layer of cheesecloth. Squeeze out the liquid using your hands. Discard the pulp or save to use in another recipe.
- Pour into an airtight bottle and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Tip, if the milk separates in the fridge just give it a good shake before serving. Tip, try variations like using hazelnuts, adding 2 medjool dates and 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder to make chocolate milk.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!