The summer fruit season is nearly here! If you're a keen cook, try your hand at jam making. This Apricot Jam recipe is easy with just 4 ingredients. Everyone will be so impressed.
- 1.5 kg apricots firm and ripe
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 kg sugar
- Preheat oven to 160 °C.
- Wash apricots, then quarter, removing stones.
- Put fruit, water and lemon juice into a non-reactive saucepan and bring slowly to the boil. Simmer until fruit is tender, about 20 minutes or longer if you want smooth jam without chunks of fruit.
- Meanwhile, place sugar into a clean baking dish and warm to hand-hot in the oven. Add warmed sugar to the pan, stirring until sugar has dissolved, then boil rapidly until setting stage is reached.
- To test if the jam reached setting stage: spoon a small amount of jam onto a cold plate and let cool. The jam is ready if it stays in two distinct halves when you run a finger through.
To sterilise jars, wash the jars and lids in warm soapy water, then dry in the oven. Ladle jam into hot, sterilised jars and seal.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!