Ever wondered how to cook dim sum? Don’t worry… we’ll show you 3 fast and easy ways to cook your favourite United Food Co Mixed Prawn Dim Sum.
- United Food Co Mixed Prawn Dim Sum
- United Food Co Gyoza - of your choice
- Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil
- Lee Kum Kee Seasoned Soy Sauce for Dumpling
- Cut your baking paper into a circle to fit the base of your steamer and cut out small, half fingernail size holes throughout to let the steam through. Place on the base of your steamer.
- In a wok, pour boiling water to the half way point. Place the steamer on top of your wok.
- Place the frozen dim sum in the steamer then cover with a lid.
- Steam for 7-10 minutes, or until dim sum are cooked through.
Deep Fry Method
- Heat 2 cups of Olivado Avocado Cooking oil in a wok to a high heat.
- Using tongs, carefully add frozen dim sum to the oil, working in batches. Deep fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Place the cooked dim sum on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Heat 2 tbsp of Olivado Avocado Cooking oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the frozen dim sum and cook until the bottoms are golden brown, about two minutes.
- Increase the heat and add water to the pan, to cover about ? of the dim sum. Cover with a lid and steam until the dim sum are cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook, swirling the pan, until the water evaporates off and the dim sum are crispy and deliciously golden.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!