FreshLife Gluten Free Raw Zesty Lemon Mix is packed full of healthy ingredients like almonds, coconut and cashews. Gluten free, containing no refined sugars and less than 180 calories per serve, these are the perfect guilt free treat.
- Baking paper
Inside the Lemon Slice Mix box
- 1 packet Base Mix
- 1 packet Lemon Layer Mix
- 1 packet Coconut Shred
You will need:
- 1 large lemon zest and juice
- Olivado Coconut cooking oil
- ½ tsp turmeric powder optional
- Remove the Base Mix, Lemon Layer Mix and Coconut Shred from the box. Line the base and sides of the box with baking paper and set aside.
- Empty the Base Mix into a bowl. Add 2 Tbsps of melted coconut oil and 1 Tbsp of water and mix until well combined.
- Using a metal spoon, press the mixture firmly and evenly into the base of the box.
- Close the box lid and place in the freezer for 20 minutes or until firm.
- In the meantime, pour the Lemon Layer Mix into a blender and blend until you have a fine, flour-like consistency.
- Add the zest and juice of a lemon, 2½ Tbsps of melted coconut oil and turmeric powder (optional )and blend until a smooth, thick mixture has formed. Scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula a few times to ensure that the mixture is evenly blended. Add 1-2 Tbsps of water to help combine the ingredients.
- Using a metal spoon, spread the lemon mixture evenly over the base layer.
- Sprinkle with the Coconut Shred, close the box lid and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until set.
- To serve, carefully cut the Zesty Lemon Slice into 8 pieces. For best results, serve the slices straight from the fridge as they will soften at room temperature. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!