This is a variant of one of Alison Holst's most popular recipes. It's almost too good to be true— a lasagne with no precooking, just a little assembly. A lasagne cooked to perfection and so easy in the crockpot.
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk sour cream, or a mixture
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- paprika optional
- Turn your crock pot or slowcooker on to HIGH to preheat and coat the bowl with non-stick oil spray.
- Put the garlic and tomatoes (with any juice) into a food processor or large bowl and process or mash with a fork to break up the tomatoes. Add the soup mix, minced beef, tomato paste, herbs, stock and water, then process or mix until well combined.
- Spread one third of the meat mixture evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker bowl. Place half the lasagne pasta over the meat. Repeat the layering with another 1/3 of the meat mixture, the remaining pasta then cover with the remaining meat mixture. (You may like to keep a bit more than a third of the meat mixture for the top layer.)
- To make the topping, mix together the cornflour, egg, milk (and/or sour cream) and cheese. Pour this over everything in the slow cooker and sprinkle with paprika (if using).
- Turn your crockpot or slow cooker back to LOW and cook for 8-9 hours.
- Serve with a green salad or cooked vegetables and garlic bread.
This crockpot lasagne recipe is cooked in a 4.5 litre oval slow cooker, which ends up about 4-5cm deep.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!