Soft tasty cheese rolled in a savoury and crunchy crumb. Easy to prepare, full of flavour and textures, this is an appetiser fit for all!
- Preheat oven to 160°C (bake) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place FreshLife pistachios and pecans onto a lined baking tray and toast for 8-10 minutes in the oven. Set aside to cool.
- Blend together the cheeses and season to taste.
- Using dampened fingers, mould the cheese mixture into twenty 3 cm-sized balls and place on your tray. Refrigerate until firm, approximately 1 hour.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, cook the bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Once cooled, finely chop and set aside.
- Combine the nuts and bacon in a bowl. Roll the cheese balls in the nut and bacon mixture and store in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To serve, remove from the refrigerator, insert a pretzel stick into each ball and place on a serving platter.
Tip: Use any leftover nut and bacon mixture to liven up your summer salad.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
This recipe is a modern take on the classic cheese log our mums and grand-mothers used to make.