What's better than a roast potato? A roast potato cooked in duck fat. Don't be afraid to leave the skins on these lovely little new potatoes - they add to texture and flavour, and will give you more fibre too. Tasty? Give them a try...
- 700 g baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp duck fat
- 3 sprigs rosemary leaves removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Boil the baby potatoes in lightly salted water for 5 minutes. Drain. Place the duck fat in a shallow roasting tray and place in the oven to heat.
- Remove dish with duck fat from the oven and carefully drop the drained potatoes into the hot duck fat and toss well to coat. Scatter around the rosemary leaves and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast until tender, 40-45 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Serve with tender roast chicken and salad or fresh vegetables.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!