This parmesan-crusted roast potato recipe takes your roasties to the next level. Make sure you have enough because everyone will come back for more.
- Preheat oven 220°C.
- Score the cut side of the potatoes with ½ cm slices in a criss-cross pattern.
- Put the butter in a shallow non-stick roasting pan and place in the oven until butter is melted, about 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool for a minute or two, then sprinkle in the grated Parmesan, garlic & herb seasoning, and salt.
- Place the potato halves in the pan, cut side down.
- Bake until the potatoes are tender and the Parmesan creates a golden crust on the bottom of the potatoes, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Cool for 5 minutes*, then use a spatula to loosen the potatoes and turn them to crusted sides to face up.
- Scatter with chopped macadamias and bake for a further 4–6 minutes until the nuts are lightly toasted. Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.
*Cook’s tip: Cooling the potatoes until the parmesan on the bottom hardens makes it easier to flip them.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
The next best thing after duck fat roasted potatoes.