This piña colada crème brûlée is the perfect summer dessert! Serve it in a hallowed pineapple shell for an extra tropical touch.
- 1 pineapple 430g flesh
- 2 egg yolks
- 25 g caster sugar
- 50 g cornstarch
- 290 g coconut cream liqueur
- 3 shots rum
- 1 tbsp brown sugar for the caramel topping
- Slice your pineapple in half leaving the crown as intact as possible.
- Dig out the flesh from the shell, chop it up finely and mix it with all ingredients apart from the brown sugar.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve, into a pot and cook over medium heat until it thickens into a smooth creamy texture.
- Fill up your pineapple halves with the cream and refrigerate overnight.
- Take them out just before serving, sprinkle with brown sugar and blowtorch until you obtain a hard translucent shell.
- Crack with your spoon and dig in! Cheers!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Explore the wonderful world of pineapple recipes, perfect for your next Tiki bar theme night.